RE: Re: LSD Oil Change Questions

From: Henry Hagemeier (jhhagemeier@Msn.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 13:19:37 EDT

I think I am reading this right. That the modifier should be added to the
lube. Here is the quote from the DAK 2000 manual.

Rear Axle
Limited-slip differentials require the use of a friction control additive.
Mopar Hypoid Gear Oil Additive Friction Modifier is a material of this type
and is recommended. This should be added to the gear lubricant whenever a
fluid change is made.

So I take it that the fluid Mopar sells should be added to the GL-5 lube?
However, if the Mobil 1 does the job without the Mopar Hypoid Gear Oil
Additive Friction Modifier, that would be great. So I guess I just take out
the rubber plug on the differential and use a suction gun to empty the
differential then pour in the Mobil 1?

Thanks,
Henry Hagemeier
San Antonio