Intake Manifold Gasket

From: Phil Jenkins (bugnik@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 17:58:24 EDT

 For those of you who have had a bad intake gasket,
what were your symptoms? I have oil at the bottom of
the intake, (looking down the TB), vacuum coming from
the breather hose from the drivers side valve cover to
the air hat and a whooshing sound at the air hat. I'm
sure the noise I hear is the vacuum at the air hat.
I've checked the PCV and it rattles. So it should be
OK. The oil at the bottom of the intake leads me to
believe that the intake gasket is bad. Any thoughts?
  Also, Ted O. did you get your air hat? I have one I
can send you. Let me know where to ship it and I could
send it Monday, overnite if you like. If so e-mail me
tonight, I am in digest mode.
 Thanks everybody,

=====
Phil