bad fuel injection problem(s)

From: Brandon Ashby (brandonashby@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 23:57:39 EDT

ok the deal with my truck is really bothering me, i can figure out what the
problem is with the fuel injection. I have looked at all the fuel injects,
and they all work good but the one in cilinder number 7 doesn't work most of
the time. If i take the fuel rail out, and crank it over all of them will
work just not the #7. Although it will work when i first start it up in the
mornings and after i keep the rpms up really high for about .5 hr to 1 hr,
with the ac on full. This has been a problem for about two years now. when
this first started two years ago, it only did this maybe every month or two
and would work the rest of the time. Last year it started to get a little
worse, it would do it every time the air was really moist or rainning. I
have cheaked the wiring at the harness where the injectors plug in, but
havent looked farther than that. I this may be an electricl problem, but i
dont see why that would change some of the time, if it were. Could it be a
problem with the sbec?? i would really like to figure this out,
any info you guys can give me would be great, or if some one other than me
is having this problem
thanks Brandon Ashby
1992 5.2l MOSTLY stock