Weatherproof Padlocks

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 23:59:15 EDT

   Kyle, what I do with mine is drip a wazoo load of Mobil-1 down the keyhole,
wipe off the excess, then I put a big glob of silicons sealer on the keyhole.
I completely cover the keyhole to keep water and dirt out of the tumblers.
When you need to open the lock you can just pry off the silicone plug with
your thumbnail and there is the keyhole all nice and new looking. In salty
areas of the country this may need to be renewed every year or two though.