2000 wheels on 95 Dak & question

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 01:32:28 EDT

Hey Guys,
I just picked up a set of the 2000 Dakota 15X8" wheels w/ the goodyears
for my '95 Dak. I have them on right now and it looks freaking awesome!
Mean as hell! Everything went on great, well almost. The rear wheels
went on no problem. I can get the center caps on and everything. The
front ones were a little weird. The dust caps stick out about an inch so
I can get the center caps on. Big deal I thought, so I just painted them
gloss black and it looks pretty good. Driving is fine except for when I
turn sharp and go over big bumps. Then there was a godawful noise that
sounds like metal grinding on metal. I checked it out and the wheel
grinds on the top of the control arm, pretty sure that's what it is. So,
I need spacers for the front to get it out a little bit more and so I
can put the center caps on.

So, here's the question. Anyone know about any spacers I can buy and
where to get them? What would you folks reccomend? I know someone
reccomended some to get R/T wheels on his Gen II, but I don't remember
what. It looks like the wheel needs to come out about an inch to an inch
and a half to clear the dust cap.

Thanks,
Chris Hannon
'95 Dakota Sport 239 5spd RC SB Quick D intake JBA headers Flowmaster
Bilsteins front and rear