Re: want better gas milage for your 4.7?

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 02:40:09 EDT

Cooler Tstat has been a HOT subject around here lately, What is the stock temp. in the 4.7 and what is the next step down? Two more quick questions, I live in TX (Fort Worth) and it doen't get cold here (not like RI where I moved from) Can a eng. be over cooled? and what is the min. running temp. for the 4.7?

Thanks
Don Mallett

> Boog,
>
> Did you give any consideration to a plug one heat range cooler (5223)?
Any
> thoughts on this? When I am workin' my 4.7 hard I have noticed some
pinging.
> Only when the engine is really running hot though.

Drop in a cooler Tstat, should take care of that.

Jon Smith