What a Weekend!

From: Johnson Sgt Michael D (JohnsonMD@lejeune.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 12:28:43 EDT

Hey all, what a weekend I had. Shopped for a car for the wife all day
Saturday. Ended up getting a 99 Galant GTZ. Loaded with leather and
Sunroof. Only has 7891 miles. She's happy, that's all that counts. Went
to the beach on Sunday with amigos, bbq, and all that good stuff. Lost my
wedding band. She's not happy. Says I have to spend truck money on new
wedding band. @$@#!$%&*%$&#@ I'm bummed about losing my ring. On the plus
side, I did get to pull a Silverado out of the sand berm on our way off the
beach. 4x2 ext cab. 10 yds into a 150 ft long berm to the beach. Says he
didn't have a problem getting out there last year. Whatever. The pisser?
I am pulling him out easily, when he cranks the tires and starts plowing
sand. BAM tow strap breaks, slaps my tailgate. No damage. Hook up with
my second strap, and put him back on the pavement. I get a "thanks for the
help man". My wife lets him keep the broken tow strap and tells him to look
into a real truck! Guess she isn't that mad at me?!

Mike J
Swansboro NC