Helper Springs

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 18:59:37 EDT

Does anyone currently use helper springs or have they in the past? If so, do
they really work? My Dak, unfortunately, has the 'smaller' springs which are
the 1,250 pounds rated springs, compared to the larger ones available as an
option. When I load the bed full, say with 800 pounds of landscaping pavers
or when I hook up to my Dad's 3500+ pounds boat, the rear end does sag a
bit. I would like to be able to have it not sag at all. I think helper
springs are the best, cost effective way to go, plus they are really really
simple to put on and are virtually maintainance free. I recieved an email
from Hellwig saying the LP-15 1515 Helper Spring Kit will fit my Dakota.
This is the kit which has 4 leaf springs, one for infront of the axle and
one for behind the axle, on both the driver's and passenger's side. This is
considered the "Progressive Load Kits -- for the occasional firewood hauling
or trailer towing. Factory ride and handling characteristics are unaffected
when the vehicle is unloaded with the progressive kit. LP-15 Helper Spring
Kits give up to 1500 pounds of level load carrying assistance."

I have found this kit for around $100 and would like to know if it is really
worth it and if it really will help out, before I order it. Or should I look
at other options? Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6