Re: exhaust rattle

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 00:24:44 EDT

If it's the cat (which I think it is) the dealer will replace it almost no
questions asked. I had my cat replaced on my 97 dakota with an upgraded 2.5"
y-pipe and dynomax catback exhaust system at 67k miles in Louisianna. The
install was "okay" I found a leak at the top part of the weld, but oh well.
I guess I had to go back and clean up their dirty work...
-Dester

<< Just wondering if anyone might be able to help me..... When I first
 start my truck in the morning, or anytime its "cold", I have a very
 pronounced rattle coming from my exhaust. This goes away when the truck
 begins to warm up. You can hear it out of the tailpipe, and from directly
 underneath the cab. Any idea what this could be? It sounds like it might be
 coming from the catalytic converter. If it is the cat, what are the chances
 of the dealer replacing it under warranty with a modified exhaust? >>