Re: Pulleys

From: Train225@aol.com
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:23:47 EDT

<< Well my pulley set from truckperformance.com came in today. It's a 2
pulley set from Auto Specialties. For those that have swapped out your
pulleys, is there any special tools or anything that I need to be concerned
with? Will I need a pulley puller or are the pulleys keyed? I'm assuming
the 2 pulley set will swap out the crank pulley and alternator pulley, but
I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same set. I used an impact wrench to remove the alternator
pulley, but after driving the truck, I went back to the stock alternator
pulley. I didn't like the lights dimming in traffic with the a/c and lights
on. It gave me about the same ET improvement as the short belt did with
using the stock alternator pulley.