Re: Re: Rear end noise: Warranty work

From: Ed and Kristi Townsend (townsend@ainet.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 22:52:46 EDT

>on 5/23/00 5:21 PM, Dester223@aol.com at Dester223@aol.com wrote:
> I'll tell you guys that you're lucky. Everytime I take my truck in for
> warranty work, I get the same mumbo jumbo "we can't duplicate the problem" or
> "oh, you have a performance part on it, your warranty is void"
> -Dester

  I have to say that I am really lucky. I had three warranty issues in all,
and they are all being taken care of. Lost my truck for 2 days, but it's
also getting detailed, so I guess I can live with it.

    The gasket for the thermostat housing was leaking JUST barely. For about
2 months I have been getting a tiny whiff of coolant ,just now and then, and
I couldn't find the leak. I didn't want to take it in without knowing where
the leak was coming from, and have them tell me they couldn't find the
problem. I finally found it about a week ago.

    I didn't figure that they would be able to hear the rear end because of
the exhaust. I used to be able to hear the whine, before I had the pipes cut
off and turn-downs put on (didn't like the way the pipes were hung). The
turn-downs dump right out of the muffler, which in turn is right under the
back of the cab. Now I can't hear the whine.

    The last thing (kinda nitpicky) was a light click coming from the back
of the truck when shifting into Drive or Reverse. Come to find out it has
something to do with the leaf springs, and it is going to get fixed next
week, when the parts come in. I am really surprised by the dealer. We'll
just have to see what happens if I still have the whine......(gonna get the
pipes done again.......I would like to listen to the stereo........)