Re: Noises from Rear End V6 SLT

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 21:48:15 EDT

Gang,

Please keep the differential problem reports coming. With 800 list
members, if we assume 25% own late model DAKs and 5 of you have already
reported problems, you have to wonder just how widespread this really
is. That's 5 today alone, not including mine. How many have either not
reported or won't bother speaking up? If even 5% of late model DAK
owners were experiencing rear end noises and seeking service, it could
easily overwhelm the parts pipeline. It starts to put some validity to
the report from my Service Manager contact who suggests DC has a major
problem with these.

I'm keeping a tally and the info is likely to become public knowledge at
some point. Since my dealer is obviously going to play hardball on my
case, we are patiently collecting a ton of information on these guys.
When we're confident it's a 'no-brainer' to even the un-educated
arbitrators or lawyers who might get involved, we plan to dump a big
pile of paper in the mailboxes of about half a dozen different consumer
protection agencies, 3-4 local consumer reporters at local TV and
newspaper, DC Corporate, the main office that oversees the 5 star
scam('er I mean program), and the national arbitration board. Many of
these efforts will result in nothing, but you never know. Just need to
find one hotshot reporter looking to make a name for themselves who
wants to do an expose' on the way the dealerships handle such issues and
we'll have an easy winner. While my case is an issue over the
installation of after market parts, the information we'll be compiling
should help any one of you who is experiencing this rear end problem,
but not getting any satisfaction from the dealer when you seek service.

We also have an ongoing case regarding front control arm bushings. A
couple of us are being ignored because the dealer wants to pin it on the
installation of headers. That weak argument ignores the type of failure
that we are experiencing. If anyone is experiencing bushing failure on
97+ DAKs that DO NOT have headers, please drop me a note. I'd like to
hear from you. For the rear end issue, post to the list or to me
offlist.

The 5 Star promise:

"It's a different way of doing business. Let us prove it."

I plan to hold 'em to that one.

Bob