RE: All my 1/4 mile times

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 17:35:57 EDT

Thanks to you both - Sam & Matt.
Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC
760-725-2506 (DSN 365-2506)
Work:mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil
Home:mailto:saint1958@home.com

 -----Original Message-----
From: Barret, Matt [mailto:MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 2:09 PM
To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
Subject: RE: DML: All my 1/4 mile times

The Guy that was running the Dynojet told me you should have Maximum air
pressure in your tire when pulling the dyno. Low tire pressure will produce
drag and lower output numbers. I had just let my air down to 25 psi and he
said my numbers would have been higher had I not done that.
I'm gonna pull again soon, with full air pressure and see if he was right.
When I was pulling my tires were wrinkling bad because of the low pressure.
I guess Sam is talking about increased traction do to lowering the PSI in
the tire??

__________________________________
Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
RC 2x4 Homemade air intake W/ K&N open element,
Traction Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1
BEST 1/4 14.57 @ 91.09 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
BEST 1/8 9.19 @ 72.58 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
BEST 60' 1.90
208 RWHP
285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ