Re:blue headers

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 08:26:10 EDT

Hey Ron, I've got chrome headers too, and yep, they're blue. The only way
that I know of to keep chrome from turning blue is to never start your
engine! (Heat is the culprit).

Ceramic coatings seem to hold up and look great too. (Jet-Hot is one that I
have heard of). Mike Clark has coated headers, but I'm not sure of the
make. They have kind of a silver hue to them, almost a semi gloss. The
benefit you get from them is heat reduction under the hood. Mike was
showing his off to me at the Texas DML meet, and hadn't had his engine off
for very long, and the headers were already cooled down.

I plan on adding ceramic coated headers to my truck, eventually.

Good luck!

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport