RE: Noises from rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 23:04:13 EDT

2000 SLT QC 2WD 5.9 liter 3.55 gears limited slip-----no noise

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of msnbcnnbcbs@juno.com
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 8:59 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Noises from rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so we now have a pretty fair concensus on what rear ends do this.
It doesnt seem like the engine has anything to do with it.

3.55

whether or not limited slips do it is still a mystery. We'd like to hear
from
3.55 limited slip'ers who have or do not have any noises from their rear
end.

THE QUESTION IS- what do we do about it? It seems like the dealer is a
waste of time.

Contactig DC about "defects" seems to be a waste as well. I told them
about the seat foam issue (seat edges are so sharp they tear right thru
the seat, only seen it on 99 daks) a while back and they did jack about
it. I had to take my seat out and tape the sharp edges. I never saw a TSB
or anything.

Anybody got any ideas on what happens next?????

Guahiro
99 RC V6

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.