Rear End noise

From: robmic (robmic@home.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 00:30:23 EDT

I have a 99 Dak with a 5.2 and have had rear end noise since I purchased the
truck new in 99. The noise is a harmonic which occurs right around 35mph.
The rear end is an 8 1/4 (which is standard) 3.92 limited slip dif. I have
had the gear set replaced, which the dealer "F-ed" up on the first attempt.
The second go around they supposedly replaced the entire rear end (including
housing) thinking that the issue was related to a mfg defect. I still have
the noise and do not plan of letting the dealer touch my truck in the
future. Their abilities to diagnose and repair problems is very limited as
far as I am concerned. Especially with regard to setting-up rear ends which
does require some aptitude.