RE: New 1/4 time and leaking tranny Re:Chris

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 10:28:42 EDT

Nice run there Chris, 15.1 is very respectable! I'm curious about your
leaking trans., I had a friend who had problems with his NV3500 leaking. His
leaked from the cover plate. If yours is leaking from the rear seal, I
wonder if you jammed the front yoke up into the trans and damaged the rear
seal??? just a guess?? Are you running traction bars?? If you are not, and
it is the rear seal that is leaking, I'd bet that may be what happened.
Let us know what they find out!!
Congrats on your time!

__________________________________
Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
RC 2x4 Homemade air intake W/ K&N open element,
Traction Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1
BEST 1/4 14.57 @ 91.09 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
BEST 1/8 9.19 @ 72.58 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
BEST 60' 1.90 208 RWHP---285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ