Re: Interesting article for off roaders

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 08:47:41 EDT

Is that the same chart they run every year or so? Last time I looked at
it, I seem to remember it said a gen II Dak could run 33" tires with a
3" suspension lift kit.

Ahem.

1. There is no such thing as a 3" suspension lift kit for a gen II Dak.
Trail Master makes the only kit on the planet for these trucks, and it's
4".

2. Dave Killian had to install the 4" suspension lift, plus a 2" body
lift, plus do some custom fender trimming in order to fit 33" tires.

Four Wheeler usually has some pretty good stuff, but I think whoever put
that chart together didn't bother to actually even look at any pictures
of Dakotas before making up some stuff about them that sounded good.

Just my .03 CDN

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black