trans diagnosis

From: David Chester (nonlabel@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 18:35:50 EDT

I think my transmission is no more in my 93 Dakota V8. Yesterday, I
stepped on the gas, and the truck didn't go for about 10 seconds. Funny, it
never did that before. Did it again this morning. But then, this
afternoon, it just plain sat there in Drive. I put it in Reverse, and it
sort of "shuddered" up into a parking lot, but then it quit moving in
Reverse, too.

Does this mean the clutches are fried? I rebuilt a 727 once, but I know
these OD units are a bit harder. Usually all the Mopar AT's that I have
seen go out start slipping in 2nd and high first.

 Any transmission experts out there, if you can give me some insight, I'd
appreciate it. Changed the fluid last year, about 10k miles ago. It still
looks good, no foam, no burnt smell, the damn truck just won't move! And
yes, I used Mopar AT fluid.

Also, has anyone purchased a used transmission for a 93 v8 automatic, and
what did you pay?

David Chester

93 Dakota V8
92 Spirit R/T