Re: Transmission problem?

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 08:20:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/00 6:07:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
kenallgood@home.com writes:

<<
 Question.. I have noticed a slight problem with my automatic
 transmission... When I nail it, and reach about 35mph (40mph
 maybe..thereabouts), the transmission tries to shift.. but it seems instead
 of upshifting, it drops a gear or goes into neutral... What I see is my
 RPM's shoot up to 5k, and my truck completely stops it's acceleration making
 me lunge forward, then it gets in gear and goes again like normal... only
 happens in this one gear (2nd into 3rd?).. also, it doesn't happen when
 I'm only giving it about 1/2 gas, only when I go all out... strictly stock
 (for the time being anyway).. it's a 97 dakota cc slt w/5.2L.. any
 ideas? If I'm right, this is still under warrenty, so I can take it to the
 dealer to get fixed under warrenty.. but would like to know if anyone knows
 what's happening.... Thanks

 Ken Allgood
 97 cc slt 5.2L >>

Ken, my 95 5.2 auto does the same thing, you're hitting the rev limiter.
Scared the bejesus out of me the 1st time mine did it but now I just keep an
eye on the rpms and no more problems.

Shawn
95 CC SLT 5.2 4x2 Auto