Re: Re[2]: Transmission problem?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 07:23:32 EDT

Hi, Mike

At 05:55 AM 5/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
> ... did you put the rear servo parts in when you did the Transgo?

I was tied up with the Challenger and had an experienced tranny guy
put it in on a cash deal. I can go and ask him. I had read previous
posts on these rear servo parts but haven't looked into what they
do or the pros/cons of putting them in. Any possibility that they
or lack of them could be causing my problem?

I know that,prior to having the Transgo kit put in, there were a few
posts about shifts at WOT being done whenever the tranny wanted it to.
I spoke to the tranny guy about 2 weeks after the install and his
opinion was that the kits were not really made for the computer
controlled trannies and suggested that I try adjusting the TV
cable in the direction towards the rad (opposite to what most
are doing for a firmer shift and raising the shift points a it).
He said that it would lessen the built-up of the line pressure.

Although the test was very limited, I did not experience the
shift problems when trying out a custom programmed computer that
was calibrated for 5600 rpm shift points. I was going to try
that but need to find someone who can recalibrate the shift
points at a 'reasonable' price.

Bob