Re: professional vs do it yourself bed liner

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 18:56:34 EDT

I actually got a little lazy and only rolled on 1 coat. It holds up
extremely well (Except for my friend's tool box, the jagged edges tore into
the liner a bit and in 1 spot where we literally dropped in into teh truck,
put in a nick to the metal) if you're using 2 gallons of that stuff, it
shuold hold up VERY nicely. I like the texture you get from that weird
roller duplicolor supplies.

anyways. with the remaining 1/2 gallon of that stuff, I rolled it on to my
subwoofer box and made it match the back of the truck. looks, seals and
sounds NICE... hehe.
-Dester

<< I just spent the better part of the weekend grinding the paint out of my
Dakota bed and rolling on Duplicolor bed liner. Was a lot of work and a bit
messy but
 saved a ton of money. That is if it is very durable. A friend works for a
place that does the professional job and he gave me a few tips. Go to the
metal when
 possible and use 2 kits to get the right thickness. I rolled on but would
recommend spraying if you have the equipment. Will let everyone know about
durability
 in about a week.

 Spook