Re: AAAARGHH!! Cold Water Cracked my windshield!!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 18:59:40 EDT

Did it start from the edges? or did it just split in the middle? I've heard
of some situations where kids with supersoakers cracked the glass on their
dad's minivan after it's been sitting out.

The best explaination was that there was a microfracture in the sides, or
maybe a very thin crack from a rock chipping it on the highway, and when you
sprayed that water on, it just flexed the glass and CRACKKKK.. anyways. if
you have insurance. they should replace the whole glass for about 100 dollar
deductible. call and ask. Don't get it "patched" for 75 bucks and have to
live with seeing the crack there for years to come..
-Dester

<< Well, thought I'd wash the ol' Dak Friday am before heading to Oak Island
NC
 for a mini vacation this past weekend...the truck had been sitting in the
hot
 sun for a coupla hours already, I got out the hose and started spraying down
 the truck with cold water.
 As soon as I start hosing down the widshield I hear a loud
 C-C-C-C-CRAAAAA-CK!! And sure as hell there is a fracture running across
half
 the windshield!!