Re: RE: Bramalea Spring Fling

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 08:23:31 EDT

At 07:26 AM 5/31/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for the compliment Bob (Dad :-D). But I think you're gonna have to
>get your eyes rechecked. <snip>

Too late for that ... going the way of the rest of my body parts.

>As soon as we get some free time, I'm gonna check out Krown Rust for that
>stuff you mentioned. What was it called exactly again?

This is what I use on the Shelby Charger since it's black. I've had
fairly good success with GT88 Scratch Remover on thin and not too deep
scratches. Just use where the scatches are and do with a gentle rub.
It was available from CDN Tire.

The Krown Rust cleaner and polish/sealant are called Luminate First Step
Cleaner and Luminate Premium Polish & Sealant. I was just thinking that
maybe not all Krown Rust places use it. Phone the nearest one to you
and see. If they don't, I can get them for you. The First Step will
get rid of oxidation, road film, tar, light scratches and water spots.
You can also use it on glass to remove water spots and make the glass
sparkle ... will last for months by just wiping the glass with a damp
cloth. The First Step will leave an amino acid wax which will act
as a bonding agent for the Luminate Polish & Sealant. A wax job
afterwards is strictly an owner's choice. A lot of time and work but
only once a year is enough to get you through the summer and harsh
winter conditions.

>I was a little disappointed in the awards this year. They only had to
>classes for trucks - early and late model. What's up with that?
> <snip>

Yep, they seem to change their categories from show to show. It might
be because of the feedback that they get from the participants in their
survey box. I know that this was one of the major reasons that this
group split from the Erin Mills show. That group went to participant
voting ... ticked off a lot of participants as well ... only one vote
from each participant no matter which class ... only took a couple
of friends to vote for one of their vehicles to get an award. You're
also correct about the emphasis on 'shine' ... usually need a megabuck
paint job and a spotless engine bay (must pass 'the cook an egg in it
test' to get a vote).

Bob