RE: Judging Paxton air hat...and 4x4 racing

From: Hausheer, Geoffrey (geoffrey.hausheer@intel.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 18:32:17 EDT

Ted,
        What happened to your stock air hat? I'm getting this weird 'woosh'
sound at max boost (around 6ish) which I have no idea where it is coming
from. There is no evidence of the manifold leaking, so I was thinking it
might be a problem with the air hat. Where did you get the Paxton hat from?
        Also, I was curious. Has anyone tried racing there 4x4s with the
4WD engaged? Is there any reason not to do this? Since the dak has no
hub-release (unlike its Ford counterparts), the entire drivetrain is
spinning anyway, so why not use it to prevent winding up the back end? I
really don't want to put traction bars on this thing, since it does get used
for offroad use occasionally.

Thanks,
.Geoff

http://thunder.prohosting.com/~ghaushe/dakota/index.html