Re[2]: the eagle has landed

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 12:21:23 EDT

> Hi, Mike.
> Grrreat!!! My personal experience with it is that the MPI loves
> any mods that will get you in the 4500 - 5500 rpm range (higher
> the better I've read). Really gives a nice flat and broad torque
> curve ... nice feeling to reach 4000 rpm and feel it still pull.
> Low end loss, if any, is minimal ...

Sounds great!

> I did a quick look at those chevy water necks and decided (rightly or
> wrongly) that there would be still clearance problems.

That's what I've heard from another member. There's no definate
answer on if this is possible yet. I just plan to grind away and get
it over with....

> FWIW, before installing, I took the time to clear-coat the manifold and
> did some minor polishing (smoothing) of the rough wall edges at the runners
> and openings before installing. I don't know if the smoothing out had
> any affect or not but I know that the intake surface won't oxidize.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about a clear coat. It would be nice to keep
this thing from getting dull. What did you use and how is it holding
up?

Thanks.

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com