re: Gen III Bushings/Ball joints

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 09:01:53 EDT

>From: "Gene Rivers" <webmaster@mopars.net>
>Subject: DML: Gen III Bushings/Ball joints
>How many of you have had a problem with Gen III control arm bushings and
>ball joints on the passanger side?
>Please cc me in off the list..

Well, I'm at 38k miles, and had my pass side upper control
arm bushings replaced under warrenty at 13k miles, shortly
after JBA headers were installed. I'm lookig at 38K miles,
now and BOTH sides are shot, dealer won't touch it, says
headers have cooked the bushings, not CryCo fault.
  I say BS, since I have installed temp monitor sensors
on the upper bushings, and have had only one area exceed
175F, but still under 200F. Seems like normal under hood
temps to me.
  I suspect they are undersized for load/flex they see.
Please reply with any obvs you have. I plan on some
court action soon, along with another fellow on the list
Mike
  98 CC 318 JBA's QuickD 4x2

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that