Fat tires on a Gen II Dak, redux

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 13:05:12 EDT

>Have done a little experimenting and the fattest
>tires that can be
>mounted
>on the 2WD is a 275/60R15's! They measure 11 inches
>wide and 28 inches
>in
>diameter. They can be mounted to a stock 7 inch
>wide rim and will just
>touch on the inside frame if cranked to the extreme.
> Nice thing is that
>the
>stock 225/75R15's are 28 inches in diameter so you
>won't have to worry
>about
>speedo errors.<<
>
>be careful dude...
>I put 235/60's on my 15x6's and I have to run 26 psi
>in the back to get
>the whole contact patch on the street and to get
>them to wear evenly...
>
>-mike d.

Same thing here. Had 235/60 on 15x6, gotta lower the
pressure if you want the tire to last.

11 inches wide is really wide for a 7 inch rim...that
is 2 inches on each side that are bulging out.

I am running a P255 70-R15 on my stock alloys. I have the 6-spoke aluminum
wheels, Dak Sport. Is running manufacturer's reccomended psi gonna speed
wear, should I run a lower pressure? Are my wheels 15x6 or 15x7? I have no
rubbing problems. The tires ride great and give AWESOME traction over the
swapped Goodyear Wrangler HT's. *stock size, 235 75 15* I am runnign a BFG
Radial T/A now. I love them.

Mopar or Nocar!
Black 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport, Club Cab
4X4, V-8 Magnum
Tearing up North Dakota!
Autolite 3924's
MSD 6AL/Blaster 2, K&N filter, Mopar Performance
P4876138 High-Performance computer,
Mopar Performance exhaust
P255-70R-15 BFG Radial T/A's
'BAD AD2D' License plates:)