Re: piezo tweeters

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:15:42 EDT

Actually. I think most head units (better ones) have protection circuitry
where if it doesn't sense a load on that channel, it takes power away from
it. I actually have zero speakers that use the factory head unit. My alpine
doesn't have the internal amps either. All it has are pre-amps. Helps give
me a cleaner signal...

As for him running 4 piezo tweeters no his headunit. Could he? yep. Would
I? maybe. he's just gotta realize that it is not going to sound that great.
 If they are 8 or 4 ohm tweeters. It really wouldn't hurt the headunit to
just hook 1 up per channel. I say go for it and if you don't like the way
it sounds. you can always buy amps later on..
-Dester

<< The internal amps really need to see a load of at least 8 ohms. running
 some amps at high output with no load sometimes causes damage to the ic's.
 However those of us running external amps and not using the internal amps at
 all are doing the same. I think it would sound pretty harsh.