Re: Re: 4X4 traction bars

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 18:14:32 EDT

Ding!!! Lightbulbs on! That's all I needed... A visual. makes sense now!
How do they compare to traction bars? Obviously not as good but are they
worth the effort? By putting them on do I risk damaging anything else?
Drivetrain, leafs, etc...?

>Well I'll tell you what!!!!! oh, you said be nice... sorry....
>
>they're basically 2 peices of steel that pull the spring leaves together
>where they split away from the spring pack, basically making the whole
>thing
>stiffer.. the ride is slightly more harsh, but not really noticeable.
>You'll need 4 clamps, 2 per side and all ahead of the axle itself..
>
>I think I have a pic of them on my page..
>www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4/clamp.jpg
>I think is the filename, not sure if I have a link on my page or not..
>I'm
>going to the pool now (95+deg here) so if I'm not making any sense, just
>hollar and I'll snap a pic of them later
>

>> Ok, now for more stupid questions (and be nice)! What are spring
clamps
>> and how do they work???

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"