Check valve for oil cool?

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 06:26:51 EDT

I'm resending this, i sent it from work and I don't think it went to DML......

I installed an oil cooler, now its takes about 2sec. when I start up the eng. before the oil pressure comes up. I would like to put a check valve in the oil line because I believe the oil drains out of the cooler during the Eng. being shut down. Any body knows where one can be gotten? The temp. gauge stays well below 210 mark now. I'm going to being pulling the trailer next week and that will be the real test. Time will tell.....

 Thanks
Don Mallett
Fort Worth, TX
2000 Quad SLT+ 4x2 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto, H/D Service Group,K&N home brew, Flow-Pro Cat Back Dual System, Oil cooler.