Door Glass Problems

From: Jerald Barker (jeraldlist@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 11:51:38 EDT

Greetings,

I have an 89 Dakota and the passenger
side door glass has decided to come loose
from the back edge glass rail (channel).
The guide is getting stuck where it goes
over a screw in the rail, and the window
pops loose from the guide.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Should I just buy a new rear edge glass rail?
Does Dodge still stock those?
How do I get the glass out? (I have to do that
to get the rail out) It appears to take a
special tool.

Thanks for any insight into the subject.

Jerald

PS - If anyone has had this done in the San Diego
area and could recommend a shop to do it, lemmee
know....I may be convinced to just pay to have it
done!