Re: Door Glass Problems

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 17:41:16 EDT

Sunday, June 04, 2000, 8:51:38 AM, you wrote:

> Greetings,

> I have an 89 Dakota and the passenger
> side door glass has decided to come loose
> from the back edge glass rail (channel).
> The guide is getting stuck where it goes
> over a screw in the rail, and the window
> pops loose from the guide.

> Anyone have any experience with this?

Jerald, I have had problems with my passenger glass doing this on my
'93. I had to replace the little plastic clip that attaches to the
window and rides in the rail. See if you can do anything to clear any
obstructions (screw heads) from the rail that might catch on the
retainer clip. After getting a new clip and spraying the rail with
silicone lubricant (very important to keep it lubed well) I have no more problems.

Also make sure you are getting the retainer clip seated all the way
into the railing. I had trouble for the longest time with this until
the windshield man showed me how to insert it. You have to pull the
window forward reveling the small hole the retainer clips through near
the top of the window.
Snap the clip on the window edge(through the hole), then push the window rearward until
the clip pops into the rail. I had this procedure all wrong, I thought the clip
went in the rail first the then the window..... doesn't work no matter
how hard you try it that way. And be sure the clip is not upside
down, there is a lip on one side of it that must match the railing.
You have to look/feel in there to figure out which side it should be
on. Sorry I don't remember which side it should be on.

I hope my ramblings help you in some way. You may already know all of
the above stuff, but just in case I thought I'd share.....

Good luck!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com