Went to Richmond Dragway this weekend, lowered my ET...

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 08:14:55 EDT

Went to the the strip Sat. from 3pm to 10 pm. weather conditions were
decent, mostly cloudy 85 degrees 30% humidity East wind @ 8. (Previous best
ET was 14.57). First run of the day was 14.605 @92.02, 60' 1.962, I was
happy with that, but I knew it was going to get cooler and maybe go in the
14.5's again. So I let the truck cool for about an hour or two, then I
decided to pull off my K&N filter and run it completely open, I left the
homemade intake tube on. First time I have ever tried this. WOW!! what a
difference that made, A personal best 14.486 @ 92.40mph, 60' 1.931.
Conditions had changed slightly 81 degrees 34% humidity. My next run was not
until 3 hours later at 9:30pm conditions were 70 degrees and 55% humidity,
very damp. Truck went 14.574 @ 91.83, 60' 1.941. I only got 3 runs in
because it was a special money race and there were about 300 cars there.
Truck setup was as follows:

1. 1/4 tank gas
2. Slicks @ 18psi fronts at 45 psi
3. K&N filter removed for the last 2 runs
4. Bosch +4 platinum plugs installed
5. Tailgate/spare tire removed
6. launch at 3000 rpms, shift 2nd and 3rd @5500 and shifted into 4th at 5800
rpms
7. Approx. race weight of 3800 lbs
8. New Duetch tech shocks front and rear
9. NOS octane boost

I am very please with the 14.48, As I have said before I want to see how
quick the truck will go before I do any mods (other than the K&N). I am
going for the Cat back system soon. I really want a low 14.4 before I do the
exhaust. I think the truck is capable with the right weather conditions. My
short times have been in the 1.90 range before, so if I can get the launch
right I could go a little lower. Rich. D'way doesn't give you your 1/8 mile
time, but I have been 9.19 before so I believe that run would have been in
the 9.0's or quicker?

Matt --VA--Y2K-HEMI
`00 Sport Plus RC 4.7L 5spd.
9 1/4 3.92 LSD
Homemade air intake,T-Bars,
Spring clamps, Mobil 1
BEST 1/4 14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
BEST 1/8 9.19 @ 72.58 MPH
BEST 60' 1.90 208 RWHP/285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ