RE: DML pinging still there after over $1,000 worth of work ...... Atten: Bernd

From: Chad Simon (chad.simon@wcom.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 09:37:35 EDT

Got my truck back Thursday after the dealer had it for a week. They spent
over $1,000 to try and fix the spark knock and the result is no difference.
They removed the headers and valves and sent them off to be manually
cleaned, ground and checked to remove any carbonization. They also had to
order all new gaskets and all when put back together. While they had it
they also did a tune-up, changed the oil and rotated the tires. I had a
rental vehicle for 9 days while they worked on it. Within 2-3 days it was
back to the same as it was before they spent all the $$$$. I guess now all
I can do it wait for the new flash once the EPA decides to approve it. I
love my truck but this is ridiculous.

Chad
www.echomarket.com/dakota