Re: Which power tailgate lock to get? Pace Edwards or JC Whitney?

From: The Coughlin Family (Coughlin@centuryinter.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:07:37 EDT

Tom, just installed my JC Whitney power tailgate lock last week.it is
actually made by the pop&lock people.Installation was a cinch, until I tried
to run the wires into the cab.I couldn't find a place to go through the
firewall.I finally found a grommet w/a rubber plug in it on the passenger
side firewall.I would recommend this model.It doesn't rattle or move
around.the wiring is nicely loomed w/ high quality, weatherproof connectors
and the instructions are real good.Could've had it installed in 2 hrs if I'd
known where to put the wires through the firewall.E-mail me personally if
you have anymore questions.Will Coughlin '00 reg.cab 2wd,
4.7L/5-spd/3.92sg(9.25") coughlin@centuryinter.net