Fuel pressure loss?

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 02:17:46 EDT

I don't drive my Dak every day, because my work provides me a van to
drive home. I have noticed that when my Dak has been sitting a few days,
it is hard to start. (It has to turn over a few seconds, before it
fires) I have found that if I turn the key to on, and wait a coupe of
seconds before turning to start, it will fire right away. Does this
sound like the fuel pressure is bleeding off when it sits? Has anyone
else noticed this? BTW, it's a 4.7L, auto (2700 miles). I need to take
it to the dealer soon, anyway, as I am getting the rear wheel flares
replaced, but I thought I would check here first.

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO
CC SPORT+ IB