RE: The only Ricer I respect

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 10:00:10 EDT

That funny! The NSX must be running a turbo setup if not NOS. The reason
why, the specs you gave are not in sync with any road test. The Viper for
the price is much better for the price of getting most "bang for the buck"
in sports car range. Even the latest NSX will only run in the 12's (2001
model) with the new 400HP motor. However, still produces no torque to speak
of (using a 4.43:1 gearing to get some ump off the line) but a two stroke
cam that screams in the 9K range. Still doesn't compare with the latest
GTS-R 2003 Viper pushing over 510HP and time slipping into the 10's range.
But the NSX copying the Ferrari design makes me laugh.

Sorry! I have respect for the rotary motors, since it was an American
design not Japanese. The only motor that get the most horsepower for its
size. Stock that is.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA