Re: 2 LSD questions

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:29:30 EDT

Andy,

If you change out the rear to an LSD or similar than you don't need to touch
the front diff as long as you don't change gear ratios. Also a LSD should
help in the rain, or on any traction deficient surface.

I thought about doing the same thing to my 2000 Dak and ended up going with
a PowerTrax No-Slip instead. Many considerations but it boiled down to cost
and doing the work my self vs. letting some place I don't trust get in to my
warranted rear and goofing up the job. If you need more info or would like
to take my truck for a drive to see what you think, let me know (contact me
off list).

Also do your self a favor and check through the archives and look for Power
trax info. Me and a few other have commented extensively on this subject in
the past.

Gary Granger

2000 DAKOTA CLUB CAB 4X4 SLT PLUS
Exterior Color: Black Clear Coat w/Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Interior Color: Agate, Interior Seats: Cloth High-Back Buckets
Rear Gear: 3.55
Engine: Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8
Transmission: Multi - Speed Automatic
Optional equipment: EVERYTHING, except Full time 4 wheel drive, and 4 wheel
anti-lock brakes, and leather interior.
Mopar Accessories: sill guards, bug deflector, folding bed cover, spare tire
lock,
mud flaps.
Mods: PowerTrax No-Slip extreme traction differential, Silibalde Wipers
100/80W Hella Bulbs w/30 amp headlight relays.