Re: 2000 Durango R/T question

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 07:27:00 EDT

That's basically what I did, but opted for the 4x4 without the full time trans. Everything else is the same except for the seat & door trim. I'll put my "D" up against any stock Durango R/T and will beat it with no problems. I'd like to see the times between the 5.9 Durango and the 4.7 Durango to see which is running better. I know in the Dak the 4.7 runs faster out of the box.

Also, the bumpers, grill & air dam are already painted to match on the Durango's. I will have to agree that a suspension upgrade would be a great investment. My stock suspension seems very "spongy" when cornering and has quite a bit of rocking during hard braking and take offs.

You may also want to look into the Shelby packages. If you have the $$.

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
Quick-D T-body & intake
Mopar Performance PCM (on back order)
Auto Specialties 2 pulley set
Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by Caribbean Customs
MTX Thunderform w/ built in amp (on order)
best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
cewyma@roushind.com