RE: fog lights

From: mark janke (sftvboy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 13:56:22 EDT

I wouldn't go adding your fog lights onto your
headlight circuit as you're more than likely doubling
your current draw on that fuse. I think even if you
doubled the rating on the fuse you could still risk
potentially overheating the wires to the headlights
and starting a fire or shorting out that circuit.

It's very easy to install a fog light relay switch.
They're only $5. One wire goes to your switch in the
cab, one wire to power, one wire to ground and one
wire to the lights. The trickiest part is running
your switch wire through the firewall to the relay.
There's a rubber boot already on the firewall for a
wire harness so what I would do is tape a wire to the
tip of a long screwdriver and shove it through until
you can reach it from the engine compartment.