Re: RPM fluctuation fixed!

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 15:09:05 EDT

On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 09:42:02 PDT, "A. S." <adakota4x4@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>Terry,
> First off, thanks for the info. My 95 fluctuates at highway speeds just
>like yours did. But, mine also jumps around sometimes at idle. I'm
>wondering if a new TPS will fix my problem.

Well, there's no guarantee of that of course. It fixed mine, but it
may not fix highway fluctuation in all cases.

>A few questions for you...
>Did yours fluctuate at idle?

No fluctuation, but sometimes it would begin revving up and down
between 800 and 1500rpm. This would happen when I pull into the
driveway and put it in park. If I revved the engine to 3000 and let
off it would stop.

>Is this a dealer only part?

I originally thought so, but someone said he bought a Borg Warner
version from Pep Boys for $23.

>How much did you pay for yours?

I paid $40 at the dealer.

Terry Herrin