Re: lift, tires, etc...

From: Sandman (sandman@swconnect.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 22:06:28 EDT

I was looking at the Rancho 3" for my truck. Looks like a pretty good lift and
they say it'll fit 33x12.50 tires no prob. Tuff Country also makes a 5.5" lift
for them that also looks pretty good, I've talked to several people who way
with a little fender trimming it'll fit 35" tires. Several people also
informed to watch out if installing it myself because the directions are almost
impossible to understand and that some fabrication is required even though they
say it's not needed. You can fit 32s on your stock rims if you don't mind a
little rubbing. I have 31x10.50R15 Super Swamper SSR Radials on mine and they
rub pretty bad when turning sharp. I wanted 33x12.50 but the guy at 4 Wheel
parts told me the only way I could fit them was by getting aftermarket rims
with a really big offset and trimming my fenders quite a bit. I have a 3 inch
bodylift too.