Re[2]: New ATV

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 03:12:32 EDT

> Very cool Mike! I've been looking at the Rancher or the 4x4 Fourtrax and I'm
> keenly interested if it fits in the bed. The dimensions I got say it should
> fit lengthwise in a 6.5' bed but it may be too wide to fit inside the wheel
> wells... Please let me know how you make out.
> Thanks!
> Tom

Tom, the Rancher fit great. I had the rear wheels snug against the
tail gate and that gave me about 4 inches of clearance between the
rear window and the front bumper of the ATV. The Rancher's front
bumper is shaped just right so that IF if came forward it would bump the
bed rail instead of the glass. A friend has a Suzuki with a winch
sticking out on the front, and there ain't no way in hell I'd haul
that thing unless it was turned backwards. One hard stop and I'd
loose the rear glass quick. As far as the width, there is plenty of
room. I noticed even that the guy loaded it off center a few inches so there is
plenty of room.

Feel free to email me privately if you want my impression on the
Rancher..... I LOVE IT!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com