Re: Belly pan Gasket

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 07:39:50 EDT

At 11:33 PM 6/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Alan, does this mean your MPI/M1 also leaks?? Is there anyone running it
>without any leaks? I know Ted O. is leak free, using the cork end
>gaskets...

I've had the MPI on since end of April and have been to the track
three times with them. No leaks yet. Ran a thin bead along the
side ... side gaskets have a small channel on both sides and
made to sure to fill these ... also put extra RTV around all the
intake/coolant ports and each corner. Used the rubber gaskets
on the ends ... followed Jon's instructions in the install guide
but filled each dowel locating hole as well as putting extra RTV
around them (did consider reshaping the dowls to fit into the
holes or grinding away the dowls but decided to leave them).

If you need more details, just drop me a line.

Bob