Re: Re: News Server

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 10:05:28 EDT

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Richard A Pyburn wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 20:51:25 -0400 Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com>
> writes:
> > The archives of the list are on the DML homepage going back to 1996
> > or
> > so.
>
> That's the good news. The bad news is it's really hard to find what
> you're looking for since most people are loathe to change the subject
> header. You can sort by date, author or subject. Unfortunately the
> subject on the header, unless it's the original post and the first or
> second reply, may be about something else entirely.
>
> It's really great to have the archives, but they could be so much better
> if we could only get the subject header to match the post.

  Yeah, if you're searching through the archives based on the subject,
you probably won't have a lot of luck. The archives are all in the
search engine though. The search engine isn't perfect, but its better
than nothing. If I'm looking for something in the archives, I just
pull up the search from the main page, and use it to search the various
archives.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ---.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'