Re: Dak won't start!?

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 22:19:13 EDT

In a message dated 06/09/2000 6:54:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Anyone help me out here with suggestions? I am leaning towards a bad
starter
 solenoid.
 I drove my Dak to work today, it ran normal. After it sat there 7-8 hours, I
 went to start it up and nothing. I mean nothing, no cranking, so starter
 clicking, no fuel pump hum, nothing. I tried jumping it, nothing. The
 battery gauge on the dash showed a lower than normal reading. So, I tested
 the battery and it is fine. All of the fuses are fine also. About an hour
 afterwards, just for shits and giggles, I tried to restart it.....varoom! It
 started right up. The volt/amp gauge on the dash is now where it typically
 is. Any thoughts?
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

hey kyle. this happened to me on sunday on my 98. first time i tried it
nothing. later on i get some lights on but not enough juice to turn over.
get a jump from ma mopar monday morning and it runs fine. drive to my
dealership to have them check it out and it dies as i pull into the
dealership. nothing, nada, zip, dead stick, no lights, no whistles. they
jump it and pull it into the shop and it dies instantly again as they turned
into the stall. turns out the battery had a few shorted cells. new battery
and it's been fine ever since.
if it is a shorted cell you may want to pull your battery out and tip it
slightly up on an end and bang it. as the plates wear out they tend to build
piles of spent metal under them and these can grow till they start to touch
one another and short cells out. trick my old chem teacher taught me.
hope this helps
derek