Re: Dak won't start!?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 22:59:51 EDT

> hey kyle. this happened to me on sunday on my 98. first time i tried it
> nothing. later on i get some lights on but not enough juice to turn over.
> get a jump from ma mopar monday morning and it runs fine. drive to my
> dealership to have them check it out and it dies as i pull into the
> dealership. nothing, nada, zip, dead stick, no lights, no whistles. they
> jump it and pull it into the shop and it dies instantly again as they
turned
> into the stall. turns out the battery had a few shorted cells. new
battery
> and it's been fine ever since.
> if it is a shorted cell you may want to pull your battery out and tip it
> slightly up on an end and bang it. as the plates wear out they tend to
build
> piles of spent metal under them and these can grow till they start to
touch
> one another and short cells out. trick my old chem teacher taught me.
> hope this helps

I just dont think it could/would be a bad battery. I first tried to jump it,
and this did not help. I then tested it, and it was fine also. The battery
was purchased on 9-97, so it is not that old. Champion 4x4 1050CA battery,
by the way. I mean, if the truck did not start by jumping it and the voltage
is fine, I just cannot picture it to be the battery.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6