Re: Manual for Pioneer DEH-P86DHR Head Unit

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 17:04:22 EDT

How can we help you on wiring? The whole CD player install is quite easy.

unless you cut your factory wiring harness to have about 8 bucks.

but if you don't, here is my suggestion for installing it without a manual:

first of all, the CD player's wiring is color coded. so if you have any
other manual, you can figure out which wires are the front/rear speakers.
don't quote me, but it's usually green, purple, and two other colors.

the red should be your power
yellow accessories
black ground
blue antenna/remote turn on wire...

with that in mind, and your wiring harness adaptor, you just need to match
the colors up on the wires. it's that simple... trust me. Just connect the
same colors together and you'll be set! if you still need help or can't
figure something out. privately e-mail me and I might be able to dig up some
more info, but the install should be a breeze.
-Dester

<< Somehow I managed to lose the installation manual and wiring diagram for my
 Pioneer DEH-P86DHR head unit. If anyone has this manual and is willing to
 copy it/scan it and send it to me, please contact me off list at
 rheim@ultracom.net.

 Thanks!