Re: DAK won't Idle

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 21:11:56 EDT

At 09:03 PM 6/10/00 GMT, you wrote:
>Has anyone had this problem? Get in the DAK and turn the key and release to
>soon just before it starts, try again and it turns over and won't keep
>running next try won't start until gas pedal is press to the floor and it
>fires up and run's fine until I took my foot off the gas pedal and it die's,
>won't idle. Started again with same problem. Drove down the road a few miles
>keeping it running at stops with the gas pedal and finally it snaps out of
>the problem and start idling by itself again and will start fine. Is this a
>quirt or maybe is there a sensor going bad?

My guess is that the computer got "confused" the first time that you did
the 'near start' and flooded the combustion chambers, then made 'best guess'
adjustments and took awhile to get everything back to normal ops.

>From your post, I am assuming that the problem has not re-occurred. If it
has,
then, most likely candidate to examine is the IAC sensor for carbon buildup
and/or the IAC connections.

Bob